"Transform anxiety into excitement; focus not on the fear of what lies ahead but the possibilities you might create"

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

finally a plan!

I'm so happy to finally report we have a plan for our upcoming frozen embryo transfer (FET). I spoke with the coordinator last week and we decided that the day of my transfer will be January 14th!

This process is way less involved than IVF. I will start lupron injections mid-December to suppress my ovaries and basically put them to sleep as they do not need to do anything for the FET. Once they are knocked out, I will start taking estrogen to thicken my lining in order to create a nice cushion for our embies. I will go to the doc to check my lining throughout the process and then...January 14th is the BIG day! This is the day they will thaw our 3 embryos and hopefully have at least 2 to place inside me. Dr. Russell said if all 3 survive the thaw then he would place all 3 in. I will certainly take 3, but I am just really crossing my fingers and toes for 2!!!

On another note, E and I have been enjoying our break so much! It has been great to make plans with friends and family and just have FUN.

BUT, I am dying to start this process again! I know time will go by so fast with the holidays and I am beyond excited for January 14th. Let the countdown begin!!!

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy the holidays! A pain free cycle sounds amazing. I wish you and your embies the best!

    Have you tried accupunture? It helped me keep my stress level down during my last cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love acupuncture! Unfortunately, I don't think I will be doing it for our FET as we are OOP for this cycle. I'm going to just stick with my yoga/meditation and hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay :) Glad to hear a plan is in place! Enjoy your break, the holidays & the New Year - Jan 14th will be here before you know it :)

    Hugs,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. It feels good to have a plan. January will be here in no time at all!

    ReplyDelete