"Transform anxiety into excitement; focus not on the fear of what lies ahead but the possibilities you might create"

Thursday, December 9, 2010

in the rearview

Today's surgery went very well. Since I have had my fair sure of surgeries and procedures this year I was calmer than usual. I kept waiting for the overwhelming anxiety to kick in, but it never did. Of course I felt normal pre-surgery jitters, but nothing like my first time going under general anesthesia. I awoke to my wonderful husband and amazing mom. Now I'm sitting here watching Inception with E and Dex, popping my pain meds every 6 hours, and feeling good. I can't wait to get great results next week and start my FET.

The greatest prayer is patience.
- Buddha


As 2010 is finally coming to an end I am starting to think about all the things I learned this year. One thing I always prided myself on (before the start of this year) was patience. This year has taught me a deeper sense of patience. Throughout the IF journey you're waiting on everything: the start of a cycle, ovulation, the end of the 2ww, the pregnancy test results, AF (aunt flow) after a failed cycle, the start of a new cycle...and it continues. You spend endless time waiting for the ultimate goal of pregnancy. But, what I have learned is balance. When my patience is running thin, I have to stop and think about what I am thankful for. Being thankful and happy in the present is what gives me patience to endure the future days of waiting.

Our FET ends the longest period of time I have had to be patient this year. Today I started my first BCP of my new cycle...THE cycle.

2011 is going to be a great year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment