"Transform anxiety into excitement; focus not on the fear of what lies ahead but the possibilities you might create"

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

enjoy.

This break was totally unplanned and unexpected, but I'm finally starting to enjoy it. It was a hard couple of weeks trying to sort everything out in my mind and although I'm not happy that I don't have a baby bump, I AM happy that I can make the most of the time before our FET. E and I are having a great time not worrying about our life being on a schedule and not canceling plans at the last minute. We also have been telling ourselves that this is our last holiday season without either being pregnant or having a baby, so we have to enjoy every bit of it, right?

Something else I missed dearly while doing IVF was running. As soon as I was able to put my asics back on I did, but during my two week slump I was trying to run too fast and becoming discouraged that I wasn't able to run like I used to. Well, today was different. It is rainy and cold here, but I told myself before going out that I would have two mottos: enjoy and one foot in front of the other. Every time I was running too fast or pushing too hard I told myself "enjoy" and then was reminded to just put one foot in front of the other. I felt great during my run because I stopped trying to race against myself.

Of course I relate everything back to infertility as that is just how my mind works these days. So, on the home stretch into our neighborhood I told myself that running is like our infertility journey.

Life is a marathon you just have to keep running it. One foot in front of the other, one step at time. We will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment