"Transform anxiety into excitement; focus not on the fear of what lies ahead but the possibilities you might create"

Friday, October 1, 2010

second round

Today my BW showed a small increase, so Dr. Russell did another US. He was so determined to find that little bugger and said it is very rare to get to this point (2 months abnormally pregnant) and not see anything. Then, he thought he saw something in my right tube and said, "ok I'm either giving you the shot or doing surgery." He opted for the shot as he was still not 100% sure that he had in fact found it. His instructions were to take it very easy this weekend as he is most nervous about my tube rupturing if my level does't fiinnnally go down. Dr. Russell told me that he was sorry and we joked about how the problem used to be that I could not get pregnant and now I cannot get unpregnant. He said it is a good sign that when I get pregnant my body likes to stay pregnant. He gave me his cell number (highlight of my day) in case I have stabbing pain, told me to return Monday to confirm my level is going down, and told me if it does't go down I will be in surgery.
The nurse then came in to give me the second shot. She informed me that I would feel worse this time around. I'm not looking to feeling horrible, but I am looking forward to this all being over with. I just hope this is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment