My ER could not have gone any better. E and I arrived at 8 and soon after we were taken back to the room. Eric waited with me for about 20 minutes while the the nurse anesthetist and anesthesiologist hooked up my IV. The nurses came in and out wishing me luck and because I know all of them I was feeling so comfortable. I hung out for about 45 minutes in that room before Dr. Russell finally arrived. He was running late due to some emergency that happened in the morning. I also found out I was the only retrieval for Friday. Another girl was apparently scheduled to have hers, but it was cancelled last night :( Prayers to her.
My motivation
All ready to go!

Just some gadgets - I always have to look what they are going to use on me!



Once I got all hooked up E went into the waiting room. I'm sure he was happy to get out of there as he was cringing watching me, but nothing was painful. One of the nurses came in and said Dr. Russell had finally arrived and at that time it was 8:45. The nurses then got me situated and the nurse anesthetist started pumping up my IV. She said I would be falling asleep soon and within a couple of minutes I was out.
I woke up to the nurse and nurse anesthetist asking me if I was a runner. Then, we launched into a whole running convo, which was a great distraction for me as I was just coming back to reality and waiting for the coordinator. I was also so happy to see Eric who walked right in and joined our running chat. Finally they told me that Dr. Russell got 24 eggs!!!! I was hoping for 10, so 24 is just awesome. At this point I do not know the quality or how many fertilized, but I will wait for tomorrow for that news :) I was told I could cheat on my diet today, so immediately rushed home and ate a bagel. Now I'm already looking forward to FNP! Right now I feel great. After crushing a fist full of pills I am hanging on the couch with a heating pad.
24!!!! What a great number to work with!! I am so ecstatic for you two! Enjoy your FNP which I know you are more than thrilled about! (couldn't even watch the pizza making on man v. food) (tonight LG v. PIZZA and LG WILL WIN!) hahaha love you much and can't wait to hear the awesome news tomorrow xoxxoxoxo rest up love take a sigh of relief and just wait to hear the amazo news tomorrow :0)
ReplyDeleteLucky #24. Thanks for the update! I think everything is falling into place perfectly....I mean you get to cheat today of all days and its freakin FNP! I may have to eat some pizza in your honor. Next week will be your ET and Eric is off next week, I mean that's just perfect! Can't wait to hear the exciting news tomorrow. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting. 24 is such a good number! I think more than you expected. Can't wait to hear the
ReplyDeletenews tomorrow and the next few days. We all keep up those positive thoughts and prayers and
it will be. OMG think I need to start planning
the shower. Diaper cake or cakes, baby afghan -pink or blue and how many?? So much to do!! xxx
Love ya, Moma G
pizza + lg = happiness
ReplyDeletelotsa eggs + lg > pizza + lg
xoxoxoxox
Thank you for all of the great support and positive vibes!!! I certainly ate my fill of carbs yesterday, def the winner Beck. Continue to keep the prayers coming!!
ReplyDelete