"Transform anxiety into excitement; focus not on the fear of what lies ahead but the possibilities you might create"

Saturday, August 28, 2010

my lucky number

This morning I woke up still feeling crampy from yesterday, but was ready to get Dex out for a walk on this beautifully crisp day. We had a great long walk and I told myself I was not going to check my mailbox until noon as that is when my coordinator told me to do so. I told myself I was ok with waiting because I was living in the moment of knowing I had 24 eggs! Well, as soon as I walked in the door I had a feeling to call and check my mailbox (maybe mommy's intuition). As soon as I called I heard, "you have one new message" and the lab tech had JUST left it-weird. I was upstairs listening in secret when I heard, "you had 18 that fertilized and now you have 17 embryos." 17 embryos!!!!!!!!!! I ran downstairs screaming and shared the news! Eric and I were ecstatic jumping up and down!! This means we have 17 that have already divided successfully once. They will continued to be monitored for cell division/development and we will continue to wait on the edge of our seats for updates.

Choose to believe if you wish...
Years ago I told Eric that the day 27 was going to be of importance to us. Of course he thought I was nuts and just flat weird. When we got engaged I said, "today is the 27th... I was right!" Until Eric told me that in fact it was not the 27th, but the 28th. So, I thought well the 27th wiiiill be of importance to us. As soon as I heard my ER was going to be Friday, the 27th I called Eric and told him this was day of importance! Of course he still thought I was nuts and just flat weird. Fast forward to today - lucky number 17. It just so happens that 17 is my lucky number. Good ol LaurenG17 was my email forever. The only lucky number I have left in my bag is 9, so we will see if anything happens with it.

BUT as of now let's just focus on the fact that we have 17 little peanuts. I wish I could just go sit next them and watch them grow. Grow my little peanuts. Grow. I promise to take great care of you when you snuggle in my belly ;)

1 comment:

  1. Happy tears all around! I love the number significance, as I have my favorite numbers I have had since I can remember....Soo happy for you guys and love being a part of this journey xoxo

    ReplyDelete