"Transform anxiety into excitement; focus not on the fear of what lies ahead but the possibilities you might create"

Monday, August 30, 2010

first view of our peanuts

Today was the day. I was up at 5am wondering how our little embryos were doing. I finally got myself out of bed and decided to do some yoga and meditation to calm my nerves. I was so calm afterwards Eric was wondering what was actually wrong with me. I got ready for the day not expecting the coordinator to call until the afternoon. Then, the phone rang as I was in the shower. I dove for it. The first thing the coordinator asked me is if I wanted freeze any embryos as we had a lot left for freezing. I told her yes and asked how they were doing. She said great. In fact some were doing so great that they were advanced and Dr. Russell wanted them to go in my belly ASAP. At 10:30am my little peanuts were placed in my tum. Dr. Russell said they were "excellent embryos" and was confident as he walked out of the room with both fingers crossed.

Here are our little peanuts...












The top one is dividing perfectly and the bottom one is already starting to melt into itself, which is advanced.

Snuggle in our little peanuts. Oh, and we have 7 left to freeze plus the 2 in belly = 9... my other lucky number ;)

4 comments:

  1. How about those lucky numbers. I knew it would be nine. Especially after the 27 and 17. You always picked 17 and 9 as your numbers since you
    were little. Ok little ones you need to grow an
    Attach to the best Mommy's belly ever. She will keep you warm and safe for 9 months then the rest of us will smother you with love and kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG OMG!!! The number significances are totally giving me chills!!! Congrat to you both and I can't believe you have little peanuts in the tum as I type this now!! Fingers are crossed they attach and hang on for their amazing journey to be little sweeneys :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a believer too! Crazy that I just realized that all your lucky numbers are odd and all mine are even.
    Anywho....so excited.
    Can't wait till 9 months from now. I am already taking a bet that your due date will be May 20th, but you'll go a lil early cuz you're having twins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you go to duedatecalculator.com?? b/c I did and that would be my due date. Not sure how we can wait 2 weeks... ahhh. We have 12 days left!!

    ReplyDelete