"Transform anxiety into excitement; focus not on the fear of what lies ahead but the possibilities you might create"
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
fear
Today the coordinator told me she did not see anything in my uterus while doing the ultrasound :( this means that my pregnancy is somewhere else... most likely in my tubes, but they could not find it. Today was the first day in all my time going to the doctor that I started crying while they were doing the ultrasound. I was happy to be surrounded by such kind women - the ultrasound tech, the coordinator, and a nurse who has gone through this whole journey with me. I was holding onto hope, but now I'm just fearful of the next steps. The coordinator said after she talks everything over with Dr. Russell she will let me know the exact next steps. Most likely I will have to get a pretty heavy duty shot to terminate the pregnancy. I just went to get additional BW on my liver bc apparently this shot can cause liver damage? Not looking forward to this experience. If the shot does not work then I will need surgery to remove the little peanut. Aaaand the other downside to all of this is moving forward is pretty far off. I know that it may be 3-6 months before I can do another IVF cycle after all of this. Today I feel weak, sad, and fearful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so sorry to hear this! How sad, frustrated & scared you must be!? I was so hoping for some positive news from you today :( I question how an ET in the uterus ends up in the fallopian tube? Is this common?
ReplyDeleteSending you lots of prayers & hoping all goes well with this medication you are having to take!
Hugs - HT
Heather - the chances of an ectopic are slim, 2-5% in IVF and 1% in all natural pregnancies. Thanks for your well wishes! Looks like we will both be on a break at the same time. I hope after this whole termination process I can be in the break from IF bliss like you are :)
ReplyDelete