"Transform anxiety into excitement; focus not on the fear of what lies ahead but the possibilities you might create"

Friday, September 17, 2010

still pregnant!

Wow, what a roller coaster week. I went to my appointment today expecting to ask when this little peanut would be leaving and when I could start a new cycle. Instead, I was greeted by an optimistic Dr. Russell. He did my US and couldn't see anything yet, but had a big smile on his face. He looked over my levels and said, "well congratulations, you're pregnant." What?!?! I immediately told him that the coordinator had told me the chance of me carrying on this pregnancy is very unlikely as my level didn't double. He then told me that he wouldn't know that until he looked at my BW from today and left the room with that big smile still on his face. I then talked to the nurse for a while. She reassured me that they will know more after BW today. I couldn't even believe this. I had surely thought this was all over. I even worked out yesterday and enjoyed a cup of regular coffee. Eric and I mourned this loss and dealt with it.

I left in shock and waited for the call. The nurse had rushed my BW because she felt so bad for my limbo situation and the call came quick. My level is now 85.6 (so it doubled from Wed-great sign)! Wow. What does this all mean? I spoke to the nurse and the coordinator for a while and here is the gist of the conversation. Next Wed. I will return for BW and US to determine how this is moving along. Hopefully Dr. Russell will be able to see where the pregnancy is at this point (uterus or tubes). If it is in my tube then it is over. If it is in my uterus he will then continue to monitor me closely to determine if this is an abnormal embryo due to its slow start. If it is a bad embryo we should know in a few weeks because eventually it will stop growing. If it is a good embryo then it should continue to develop normally and I will not miscarry. I asked the nurses if they have seen this happen with hcg levels and result in a full term pregnancy and their answer was, "absolutely." So, we are not out of the woods yet, but we are certainly heading in the right direction. This little peanut is certainly holding on for dear life and could actually end up being a true miracle. I'm not anxious at this point, but just really happy that there still is a chance. I am nauseas though. Reeeeaaal nauseas.

3 comments:

  1. That's just amazing!!! The lil peanut is determined~just like her/his mom & dad!!!!!! wow!I can't wait to hear how this turns out! Very excited for you guys...keep those spirits soaring xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roller coaster indeed! I can't tell you enough how happy I am for you to see that number still there & doubled! Keep your chin up & stay strong during this emotional limbo! Praying your outcome is a positive one!

    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU'RE PREGNANT and that's all that matters. So excited and happy for you guys. You have waited for this moment for a very long time, enjoy every second of it. I understand why you're proceeding with caution because it's a situation where you know too much info. Because you are on this infertility journey every detail is scrutinized (timing, levels, numbers, etc.) and it's almost a mixed blessing to have that insight. Well nothing can explain a miracle and this may be just that. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete