"Transform anxiety into excitement; focus not on the fear of what lies ahead but the possibilities you might create"

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

thankful for Edog

On Sunday Eric and I decided to talk about the "what if it doesn't happen." I knew we would feel much better if we had a plan in place if for some reason this cycle didn't work. We both talked and agreed that we would immediately move to a second round of IVF. I then told Eric something I tell him every time we get to this point, "I'm sorry if I'm not pregnant." E quickly turned me towards him and responded with something I will always remember, "Lauren, all I need in this world is you. If I have you we can figure out anything." I know this is extremely corny and a glimpse into our personal conversation, but I have been repeating it in my head all week. Eric continued to remind me every day about our conversation and plan "no matter what the results." I am so thankful to have him throughout this process and I can't wait til the day I can watch him holding our baby.


















In the spot we got engaged the night before

2 comments:

  1. Aw - that is so very sweet! Isn't it awesome to have such wonderful & caring husbands when times are tough!? You are so very lucky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....sweetness! That's not corny, that's true love. And that is exactly why Meghan said it best in her beautiful post when she said "You are there". All of us that are close to the both of you have been hoping, praying, wishing, turning ourselves into pretzels that you guys will someday soon receive the news you have been soo patiently waiting to here. We all too have had our emotional ups and downs throughout this journey, but I find comfort knowing that you two have each other. You are each others best friends, soul mates, biggest supporters and inspiration to keep going! Many people search their entire lives to find what you two have found in eachother, and sadly many of them never find it. You two are unstoppable and this journey has only made you stronger as a couple. I can't wait to see the amazing people your babies grow up to be having the most amazing people as their mom and dad!
    Luv ya sis and Edog

    ReplyDelete