"Transform anxiety into excitement; focus not on the fear of what lies ahead but the possibilities you might create"

Monday, September 13, 2010

results...

Well, I'm half pregnant. Did you ever know there was such a thing? Pregnancy tests are determined by your hcg level (the pregnancy hormone). Mine is 28.3 which is on the low end. The average at this point is 17-429, so I'm still in the normal range. My coordinator said this could be due to a variety of things. My little peanut just could have implanted a little later or I could be having an early miscarriage. I am surprisingly calm at this moment. I know I will not know anything until Wednesday and getting all worked up will not help this little peanut continue to grow.
Now this is where all of you come in... please send your hcg rising vibes and prayers my way. I truly appreciate the endless support from each and every one of you. All our little peanut needs are prayers and hope.

P.S. half preg is a term I just made up - I am currently pregnant, but we need this number to rise (E was very confused by this term!)

6 comments:

  1. My thoughts are with you each day! Half pregnant is better than not pregnant! Eventhough I was on vaca last week, I thought of you everyday!! We went into to the Basilica di Santa Croce in Florence...it was breath taking inside and in the very middle of the Basilica there are two tree votive candle holders on stands....as you may or may not know, when in a Catholic Church candles are lit for prayer intentions. To "light a candle for someone" indicates one's intention to say a prayer for another person, and the candle symbolizes that prayer....Just wanted you to know that even half way (almost half way) across the world I was lighting a candle for you and praying for success in your journey to become a mother! Positive vibes everyday all day....I even have prayers in Italy for you! xoxoxox Can't wait til Wednesday to hear the good news!! Love you much xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you are 1/2!! That is just the way
    your body does things these days. All your counts have been on low end but look how many great eggs you had and even some to freeze!!
    Prayers are everywhere for you. Now let's keep
    postive and busy til WED!! "Come on little peanut it would be such a fantastic family for
    you to be born into"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...Beck - thanks for leaving prayers for me in Italy!!! That was so sweet of you. BTW I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

    I have a good feeling about this and am very calm, surprisingly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you TONS of doubling hcg level vibes your way! Positive thoughts all around & I just know you will be getting a great number on Wed! Congrats sweetie - you are officially pregnant :) woo hoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Faith is the little night-light that burns in a sick-room; as long as it is there, the obscurity is not complete, we turn towards it and await the daylight." - Abbe Henri Huvelin


    Dear Sweeneys,

    The faith and positivity that both of you have had throughout this entire process is truly inspiring. As the two of you continue to "await the daylight", I continue to be in awe of your perpetual confidence and determination.

    The results you guys received this morning...the news of being "half preg" is awesome; yet, like some of the other news you've received over the past months, it’s OBSCURE….it’s unknown, it’s vague, it’s “almost there”. In fact, your use of the term “half-pregnant” couldn’t be more fitting. When describing a glass filled halfway, it is a matter of disposition that determines whether the glass is half-empty or half-full, much like your little peanut in implantation limbo. “Half- preg” is is not half-empty for the Sweeneys, it’s GREAT!

    I used to check your blog in anticipation of possible improved thyroid speed or egg counts; my assessments of how you were doing were based on things like hormone levels and follicular development. Something changed. Yes, I still care about those numbers, but somewhere in between Dr. Russell’s “crazy hormone” diagnosis and your daily injection-sprees, I found that no matter what the news, negative or positive, you and Eric have the same attitude....a confident, strong, optimistic, fighting, attitude. You have that faith…”that little night-light”. Despite all the tests you’ve had done: your hormones tested, follicles tested, blood tested... It’s your inherent qualities as people and as a married couple that continues to be tested; and like I said before, I’m in awe. You guys are going to have beautiful children; not because of science or numbers or positive test results, but because of the people you are.

    So with this blog, you guys ask, “Are we there yet?”….Every time I leave your house, I think to myself what a strong marriage you have and what great parents you will be. You’re there.

    All my love and prayers,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meg... (as I'm still wiping my tears) what an amazing letter. The apple certainly does not fall far from the tree. Thank you so much for all of your time and hugs throughout this journey. It means the world to me. Thanks for being you ;)

    ReplyDelete